O ne of the main reasons individuals utilize Federal Express (FedEx) to mail their packages is that they don’t want to deal with the hassle that shipping with the USPS often entails. The US Postal Service has a bad reputation for losing packages more frequently than it should. And that is the last thing anyone wants to think about.
FedEx, on the other hand, has a stellar reputation for ensuring that your delivery arrives at its final destination not just in one piece, but also on the day you specified. Of course, every now and then, FedEx drops the ball a little bit, and your delivery does not arrive at its destination on the day you intended.
What to Do when You Know FedEx Lost Your Package?
If you believe FedEx has misplaced your box, (either as the sender or as the intended receiver) you have a few choices. But first, double-check your tracking information to ensure that your shipment was supposed to be delivered by FedEx at a specified hour or on a specific day.
Sometimes (especially if we are anticipating a couple of deliveries all at once), we make up our delivery days, and packages that we believe are missing haven’t arrived yet because they weren’t planned for that day precisely. This happens far more frequently than most of us would want to admit.
Fortunately, it is usually fairly simple to validate just by entering tracking information into the FedEx tracking website (or putting information into Google and tracking it that way). If you can establish that your delivery is indeed delayed and may be lost, it’s time to go over the remaining techniques and tricks listed below.
Wait a Few Days for the Package to Be Delivered
To begin, it’s not a terrible idea to wait a few days for your gift to arrive on its own before diving into the conclusion that FedEx lost your package. The temptation will always be there to call someone, have them locate your item, and then load it onto the first overnight truck to your destination.
But sometimes a box just gets “lost” along the route, gets clogged up in FedEx infrastructure, and eventually makes its way to you, even if it is late.
Contact FedEx Customer Service at the Earliest
If, on the other hand, you allow 48 to 72 hours for your FedEx shipment to arrive after its scheduled delivery date and you still haven’t received it, it’s time to contact customer support.
FedEx has an excellent reputation for providing some of the best customer services in the industry, and they will undoubtedly be interested in assisting you in locating your shipment as soon as possible.
FedEx customer service can be reached in a variety of methods, the most common of which is through their primary customer care and support phone. This number, 1-800-463-3339, can be reached at any time of day or night and is completely toll-free.
How to File a FedEx Lost Package Claim?
When you’re ready to start your claim, go to the FedEx claims site and follow the procedures below:
- Enter your package’s tracking number or your PRO (progressive) number in the supplied field.
- Select the type of claim you’re making from the “Claim Type” dropdown menu. In the event of a missing package, choose “Shipment not received” before selecting “Continue.”
- On the following page, you will see the most recent tracking information for your delivery. Scroll down to the “Claim Details” box and fill in the information on which items in your shipment were not delivered.
- Continue scrolling down and upload images, if available, as well as any documents that substantiate the item’s worth. You should also include as much information as possible about the missing things, such as the currency in which the item was purchased, the type of the missing item, and so on. Then click “Continue.”
- Fill in your contact information, including name, address, phone number, and preferred means of communication, in the fields provided. You should also utilize this screen to select whether you are the recipient or the sender.
- On the final review screen, double-check that all of the information entered is valid, then click “Submit.”
Make a FedEx Claim for Multiple Lost Packages
You can easily claim for a numbers of lost packages to FedEx. It should be mentioned that FedEx accepts batch claims, which allow you to make claims for up to 200 different tracking numbers at once.
To do so, log in or sign up for a FedEx account. Once logged in, go to the top of the screen and choose the “File Batch Claims” button to download the offered template. Enter the relevant information, re-upload the saved file and submit your claim. However, In order to file batch claims, you must be the sender of the goods.
FedEx allows the shipper or receiver to file a claim for a lost shipment. They claim that it should have an interest in the products being sent. While it is always advisable to have open lines of communication between the shipper and the recipient, FedEx is available to assist you with claims.
FedEx normally covers the first $100 of a package’s value unless you acquire additional insurance or can demonstrate that they damaged an item worth more than that. You’ll want to make sure you have appropriate paperwork for any claims in order for the process to proceed successfully.